What is One to One? One to One provides all members of our community (business, parents/guardians, faith-based and involved citizens) an opportunity to play an integral role in helping struggling students with the support they need to be successful in reading. This is a very organized program that has been in working since 2008.
- You do not need to be an educator or have teaching experience to be a One to One Reading Coach.
- Any caring adult can volunteer! (Background checks are required by the schools.)
- Coaches meet with the same student once a week for 35 minutes during the school day from September to May.
- Coaches attend a FREE five-hour, in-person training to learn specific strategies to help young readers.
- Coaches receive materials and supplies to use during the coaching sessions.
- Coaches are provided ongoing professional development opportunities throughout the year
For More Information Contact: Donna Gulec, email@example.com, (970) 259-8785